Sunday, September 13, 2009

Things In Threes

I had received a few different request through the Face Book site to complete various types of "Notes" but had deleted them all until I had received one that stated I had to write up a list of the things that mattered the most to me but in Threes. I was going to pass it up once again but thought it would be a good way to describe myself and to reflect on what really does matter in my life. In the end, I found it to be an interesting & fun way for me to look at the things that had happened to me over the years. I felt it was a good way for others to get to know me probably a little more than they had before. Maybe you will try this.


It went like this:

Begin with 3 Names

1.Kyungmee
2. Amey
3. Mommy:)

3 Countries Travelled

1.Korea ( left 1979 & returned 2004)
2.Dominican republic
3. Peru

3 Languages

1. Korean ...once fluent now struggling
2. English...you would think I should know this language better.
3. Spanish...if only Koreans spoke Spanish

3 Engagements...!

1. A***
2.N***
3. My Husband:)

3 Movies that make me smile!

1. My Fair Lady
2. Harvey
3. Being There

3 More Painful Memories

1. Being Adopted (departing my family & beginning a new one..the early years)
2. Finding my Korean Siblings & having to depart from them once again with uncertain future for us.
3. Losing my Father & Sister ( my family here) within months after our Return from my Korean Family Reunion.

3 Wishes that came true.

1,2,&3 ;) My husband & my two children.


3 Things I really enjoy...& wish I could do more often.

1. Paint...always wanted to learn to paint.
2. Love Photography.
3. Love to Dance even if I look crazy out there on the Floor! Love how music and dance can truly touch you in so many ways.

3 Books that provoked & enlighten me in my mid-teens.

1. Maxim Gorky..."My Childhood'
2.Fitzgerald ... "Cities on a Hill'
3.Steinbeck ...'Of Mice and Men' - wasn't a book of my own choosing but had to read this one in school. It had a Dramatic affect on me while reading it one late night. Cried on my Mother's lap for hours...she thought I had lost it ..lol...over a book!

3 Things I think is very cool.

1. The ability to 'control' my dreams whether it is to change scenery, mood or outcome. Especially, when I have reoccurring dreams.
2. The ability to sense 'others' 'spirits' or call it what you will...I have to say I had a couple experiences that were very real.
3. Meditation...I have meditated different times in my life...mainly recreational ( in a gym). The one time I can say that I have felt a sense of separation from my body and yet felt so in tune to my body and my surroundings was when a friend was teaching me how to meditate and understand different levels to meditation.

3 comments:

IMCurtain said...

Lovely post. Have a nice day!

p/s: We would like to invite all of you to join our blogging community which helps you to get more visitors to your blogs. It's totally free and you get the chance to meet other celebrity bloggers. Visit us at Social Blogger Community

kyungmee said...

IMCURTAIN, thankyou!I will see if I can figure your site out :)

Elizabeth said...

Good luck on your upcoming trip to the Netherlands! I am so excited for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails